Master of Arts in Theology
The Master of Arts in Theology is a specialized degree that provides comprehensive knowledge of Scripture and Theology, thereby enabling one to be effective in his/her sphere of ministry. This is an academic degree which is designed for working professionals who are committed to learn God’s Word systematically.
Objectives of the Course
This course will help the students to:-
- Understand God’s Word and apply it in his/her context.
- Enhance their Spiritual life and instill a passion for Christ-likeness.
- Be nurtured as servant-leaders who are actively involved in the life and ministry of the Church.
- Acquire skills for a Spirit-empowered ministry appropriate for their context.
- Promote integration of Christian reflection and action.
- Applicants must be born again, committed Christians, passionate for the study of the Word of God with an intention to be effective in their sphere of ministry.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University or a Bachelor of Theology either from Asia Theological Association (ATA) or Senate of Serampore College (SSC).
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor of Theology from non-accredited colleges can be considered for admission after qualifying the entrance examination.
- Applicants must own a computer with a good configuration and a stable internet connection.
Mode of Study
Master of Arts in Theology is offered in a modular system. Course content is delivered through recorded lectures, live interactive sessions and other study aids.
Period of Study
Master of Arts in Theology is a two- year program. Each subject lasts for a duration of 45 to 60 days. The students are expected to complete their subject within this period. Extension can be allowed only on payment of an extension fee.
Areas of Study
This Master of Arts in Theology program comprises of 60% foundational courses and 40% specialization courses. Foundation courses other than the area of specialization include the following areas: Bible, Church History, Theology/Ethics, Practical Theology, Ministry related courses, Pastoral, Mission, Christian Education, and Religions.
Subjects Offered for the Course
List of Subjects
|Study Skills (Preparatory Course)||18.||Judges and Kings of Israel|
|1.||Introduction to the Old Testament||19.||Poetical Books and Wisdom Literature|
|2.||Introduction to the New Testament||20.||Christian Apologetics|
|3.||Introduction to Theology||21.||Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements|
|4.||History of Christianity||22.||Church and Mission|
|5.||Major Religions of the World||23.||Church and Ministry|
|6.||Bible and Mission||24.||Marriage Counselling|
|7.||Christian Counselling / Introduction to Psychology||25.||Gospel & Culture|
|8.||Interpreting the Bible||26.||Introduction to Biblical Languages (Beginners’ Hebrew & Greek)|
|9.||Principles of Preaching|
|11.||Writings of Moses|
|12.||Jesus in the Synoptic Gospels|
|13.||Jesus in the Gospel of John|
|14.||Person and Work of Jesus Christ|
|15.||Prophets in the Old Testament|
The Master of Arts in Theology is worth 60 credits which incorporates twenty (20) subjects.
- 1. Fill in the application online.
- 2. Download the form of acceptance by Mentor and upload it after filling it.
- 3. Download the form of acceptance by Ministry Supervisor & upload after filling it.
- 4. Pay the Fees through Credit/Debit Card
|International Students US & Canada
**The Centre for Online Theological Studies (COTS) reserves the right to revise the fee structure in accordance with the escalation of the operating cost of the program.
Students must fulfill the requirements as per the demands of the academic council of the IPCTSK and ATA. Apart from the credit requirements, COTS gives prime importance to the character formation, spiritual development, and ministry commitment of the students. The character formation of a student is assessed with the help of a mentor. The spiritual development and the ministry commitment of a student are assessed through a ministry supervisor.