Master of Divnity
The Master of Divinity is a specialized degree that enables working professionals and Christian ministers to acquire comprehensive knowledge of God’s Word which would facilitate them to involve in a desired ministry.
Objectives of the Course
This course will help the students to:-
- Understand God’s Word and apply it in his/her context.
- Enhance their Spiritual life and instill a passion for Christ-likeness.
- Be nurtured as servant-leaders who are actively involved in the life and ministry of the Church.
- Acquire skills for a Spirit-empowered ministry appropriate for their context.
- Promote integration of Christian reflection and action.
- Applicants must be born again, committed Christians, passionate for the study of the Word of God with an intention to be effective in their sphere of ministry.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University or a Bachelor of Theology either from Asia Theological Association (ATA) or Senate of Serampore College (SSC).
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor of Theology from non-accredited colleges can be considered for admission after qualifying the entrance examination.
- Applicants must own a computer with a good configuration and a stable internet connection.
Mode of Study
Master of Divinity is offered in a modular system (one subject at a time). Course content is delivered through recorded lectures, live interactive sessions and other study aids.
Period of Study
One has to complete at least 30 modules to attain this degree. Each module may last for a duration of 4 weeks to 8 weeks depending upon the learning ability of the student. Further extension can be allowed only on payment of an extension fee.
Areas of Study
Master of Divinity program comprises of 60% foundational courses and 40% specialization courses. Foundation courses other than the area of specialization include the following areas: Bible, Church History, Theology/Ethics, Practical Theology, Ministry related courses, Pastoral, Mission, Christian Education and Religions.
Subjects Offered for the Course
|Sl.||Core Courses||Optional Courses (Any Four)|
|1.||Study Skills (Preparatory Course)||Judges and Kings of Israel|
|2.||Introduction to the Old Testament||Christian Apologetics|
|3.||Introduction to the New Testament||Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements|
|4.||Jesus in the Synoptic Gospels||Church and Mission|
|5.||Jesus in the Gospel of John||Church and Ministry|
|6.||Writings of Moses||Christian Leadership|
|7.||Apostle Paul: His life, Ministry and Writings||Marriage Counselling|
|8.||History of Christianity||Ecclesiology|
|9.||Systematic Theology||Christian Education|
|10.||Major Religions of the World||Christian Anthropology and Soteriology|
|11.||Bible and Mission||Introduction to Psychology|
|14.||Interpreting the Bible|
|15.||Principles of Preaching|
|16.||Prophets in the Old Testament|
|17.||History of Israel (historical books)|
|18.||Poetical Books and Wisdom Literature|
|20.||Person and Work of Jesus Christ|
|21.||Person and Work of Holy Spirit|
|22.||History of Christianity in India|
|23.||Communication and Mass Media|
|24.||Historical and Contemporary Perspectives in Mission|
The Master of Divinity is worth 90 credits. It incorporates thirty (30) subjects.
- 1. Fill in the application online.
- 2. Download the form of acceptance by Mentor and upload it after filling it.
- 3. Download the form of acceptance by Ministry Supervisor & upload after filling it.
- 4. Pay the Fees through Credit/Debit Card
|International Students US & Canada
**The Centre for Online Theological Studies (COTS) reserves the right to revise the fee structure in accordance with the escalation of the operating cost of the program.
Students must fulfill the requirements as per the demands of the academic council of the IPCTSK and ATA. Apart from the credit requirements, COTS gives prime importance to the character formation, spiritual development, and ministry commitment of the students. The character formation of a student is assessed with the help of a mentor. The spiritual development and the ministry commitment of a student are assessed through a ministry supervisor.